The guild season is off to a great start with 2 lively meetings under our collective ‘belt’ for September J. The calendar of events was shared: there is so much to choose from! New this year: day & evening programs will be more closely aligned so that everyone benefits from similar programming.
Many new members were welcomed: guild membership now stands at 120 members. Hello new members: we are so glad to have you among us!
Here’s a flavour of what’s in store for the 2019-2020 season:
– instead of a mystery quilt, we will have a sew-along this year
– sign-ups took place for an “Eye Spy/I Spy” block exchange
– there will be a design challenge: create a placemat or table runner
– a design challenge to make a modern version of ‘Sunbonnet Sue’ was discussed
– 4 exciting workshops are being offered, 2 by our very own members Pat Bradley and Louise Charlton and 2 by invited guests
– there will be 2 retreats: a day retreat in September and a sleep-away retreat in November
– the Outreach team has new patterns for us to work on: note that Sew Days are moving to Thursdays
– last but not least, there will be an IFFI (I finally finished it!) challenge: bring your finished quilt (started at least 2 years ago) to the December meeting.
There is so much to choose from that it could be overwhelming, except that we have the newsletter as a reference with all the details. As usual, Show & Tell was a highlight; at least one new member jumped right in and shared some quilts at the evening meeting. Until next month, here’s some Show & Tell ‘eye candy’ for you to enjoy: